Cost of ingredients in June 2020: Approximately R5 per mug plus R3.50 for the coconut cream if you would like to add it
- 3 tbsp milk (for Vegans, use coconut milk or another alternative to milk)
- pinch of lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch bicarbonate of soda
- 4 fresh or frozen blueberries
Serve with cream or coconut cream
- You can make this as individual desserts for a dinner party too!
- Pour the milk, lemon zest and juice in a mug. Stir and leave it for 2-3 minutes to curdle.
- Stir in the sunflower oil, flour, sugar, and bicarbonate of soda and mix it well with a fork.
- Plop 4 blueberries on the top and microwave on high for 1 and a half minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with a few spoonsful of whipped cream or coconut cream and enjoy straight away!