Cost of ingredients in October 2020: Approximately R8 per person
Note: this ice-cream takes approximately 24 hours to set
- 2 x 400g tins of coconut cream
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar or Stevia
- Heat the coconut cream and sugar in a pot on the stove on a low heat for 10 minutes. Stir with a spoon or hand whisk until smooth.
- Allow to cool and then pour the mixture into a shallow freezer-proof container. Put in the fridge to chill. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice, stir and place in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Scoop the ice-cream out of the container and blitz in a food processor until smooth. Pour it back into the container and freeze for another 3 hours. Repeat this process again, then freeze the ice-cream mixture in a 1 litre container or individual moulds overnight.
- To serve: Remove the ice-cream from the freezer about 20 minutes before serving, scoop out the ice cream or unmould it and garnish with lemon zest and mint leaves.
With Liviya Nutrition and Fitness as your lifestyle coach, you can now afford to live healthily.