Makes approximately 20
Cost of ingredients in July 2020: Approximately R1.50 per truffle or R30 for the batch
- 1 pack/block of pitted dates (approx. 250g)
- 4 tsp cocoa
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup desiccated coconut (plus extra for coating the truffles)
- Break up the block of dates into small pieces. Place them in a small mixing bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to cool and soften for a few hours.
- Pour off any excess water. Then add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Take a spoonful of the date mixture at a time and roll into a ball with your hands (approximately 2cm diameter). Roll the ball onto a plate that has been sprinkled with desiccated coconut. Then arrange the truffles in a dish. Repeat the process until all the mixture is used up and then pop into the refrigerator for an hour or 2 for the truffles to become cold and to harden. Enjoy!
Remember that being fit and healthy is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise and that Liviya Nutrition and Fitness is here to guide you – every step of the way.
With Liviya Nutrition and Fitness as your lifestyle coach, you can now afford to live healthily.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to learn the Liviya Lifestyle.