(makes approximately 900g)
Cost of ingredients in May 2020: Approximately R2.70 per 30g serving
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 350g raw oats
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g mixed dried fruit, chopped (we used apricots and raisins)
- 150g raw almonds, chopped
- 150g coconut oil, melted
- 200ml date syrup (see last week’s Wellness Wednesday for recipe)
- Extra date syrup and yogurt to serve
- Heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Spread evenly over 2 baking sheets lined with baking paper (we used one large tray).
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
- Serve with yogurt or milk (can substitute with vegan yogurt or milk).
- Remember that being fit and healthy is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise and that Liviya Nutrition and Fitness is here to guide you – every step of the way.