Cost of ingredients in September 2020: Approximately R5.50 per person
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1kg fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp dried chillies
- ½ tsp chicken spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few sprigs fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or pot. Saute the garlic, chillies and spice in the oil before adding the chopped onions, leek and carrots. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes. Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Take the pot off the heat.
- Liquidise until smooth using a stick blender and add the chopped basil. Serve with warm crusty bread.
With Liviya Nutrition and Fitness as your lifestyle coach, you can now afford to live healthily.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to learn the Liviya Lifestyle.